Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 15015A Octal plug ins

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 11th, 2009
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    15015A Octal plug ins

    Hi,

    I posted this in the Altec Historical forums.

    I have one of my 9444B Amps with 1015a's installed. All 4 amps are working and in use. I hear no difference with the amp with the plug ins.

    I was wondering is I should just leave the 15015A's in place.

    The module says bridging transformer but all the lit I have read says it is a Input Balance

    I have 4 of these amps running mains and monitors for a band. Only 1 amp has the 15015A modules. (One is an EV but the same amp)

    Is there any advantage leaving them in?

    Mike

  2. #2
    Inactive Member whitebroncoii's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2008
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 15015A Octal plug ins

    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Hi,

    I posted this in the Altec Historical forums.

    I have one of my 9444B Amps with 1015a's installed. All 4 amps are working and in use. I hear no difference with the amp with the plug ins.

    I was wondering is I should just leave the 15015A's in place.

    The module says bridging transformer but all the lit I have read says it is a Input Balance

    I have 4 of these amps running mains and monitors for a band. Only 1 amp has the 15015A modules. (One is an EV but the same amp)

    Is there any advantage leaving them in?

    Mike
    Input transformers can many times provide better common mode rejection and ground isolation compared to some electronically balanced circuits. If your system runs quiet without them and they are bugging you, remove them. I would keep them in your goody bag, just in case!
    Experience is Knowledge

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 15015A Octal plug ins

    If you run without the xfmrs, you'll need a couple of jumpers for each socket. DIY a few U-shaped jumpers from solid copper wire to jump pins 6 to 7, and 8 to 1 (2 jumpers per socket). 10 guage is the closest to octal pin diameter, but 12 will work.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.